June 15, 2006

No such thing as bad publicity

I stronly suspect that Coulter's book is bought mainly by Democrats. For Republicans, it is either a guilty indulgence or an outright embarassment. It's not a book they will leave on their coffee tables. They might borrow someone else's copy, or get it at the library, just for a good lark.
But for Democrats, it's a great read, a gift that keeps on giving. It is a source of handy quotes, a reference work to fuel their distaste (or hate?) of the extreme right-wing of the Republican party.
Democrats must be the ones buying it. That is why Coulter goes on these talk shows, trying to paint as bad a picture as possible of it. She doesn't try to defend it, really, she wants to get the most outrageous quotes out.
Just as with shock-jocks like Howard Stern, her loyal public consists mainly of people that hate her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I hadn't thought of it that way. I suppose because I don't want to put one more penny into her pocket.

I checked out what may have been her only novel from the library once. Just didn't pay attention to the name.

It was horrible.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Endorendil said...

Too bad. If she'ld been a good novelist, perhaps she wouldn't be looking for work as an agent provocateur...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

you couldn't pry money out of my cold, dead hands to buy a book written by her!!!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Sothis said...

I'm not shelling out a penny for it! Nor will I taint my commie, pinko library borrowing record with her. No, wait a second, that might really screw up an NSA algorithm...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home